Sunday, September 03, 2006

Butter Cake vs Black Forest Cake

Yesterday, 2nd of September, I met my best friends / my wife (Mei How) in Coffee Bean, Gurney Plaza. Oh, it has been such a long time I didn’t get to meet her since early of this year! Unfortunately, she leaves Penang today to continue her second semester in Monash University. Yesterday we had wonderful moment in time! We spent almost 3 hours in Coffee Bean to keep each other update, discuss about studies, relationships, friendships, housemates and etc. Although we are far apart after I leave for University in 2005, but after such a long time, we still have the bonding or should I said the connection, she certainly will know what my next sentence is. I feel happy and warm to see her as she is getting thinner, prettier and adorable! No doubt, I would like to see Soo Zhen (my second wife) too, however she is in Aussie now! I didn’t get to meet both of them frequently because my time tables are totally dissimilar with them! My university is too unique :p therefore, we use to sms or call each other once we are free. Angels, thank for leaving your footprints in my life.

Mei How the Wife and Sin Ling the husband

Yesterday, Mei How treat me my favorites Ice Blended Mocha and Black Forest Cake and it is extremely expensive as what she promised during out last outing! Undeniably, I will be the next person who treats her big one! Hey Soo Zhen come back early, you still owe me lunch! Hehe, talking about cake, it makes me reflect on my “Butter Cake” which baked on 30th of August. It is not for the celebration of Malaysia Independent day, it is for someone special and important in my life and definitely for my best friend, Yen Chiew too. And I think the cake is pretty tasty because my sis finally took a few slices to eat as she is fairly fussy on food and deserts! As well as my cake is finished within two days without my notice and I guess I only ate a few slices only, sad case!

Below are the ingredients for “My Butter Cake”:

1. Flour from a shop called “Sayang” in SP.

2. 6 (B size) eggs.

3. Butter (Buttercup brand)


Standard Procedure:
  1. All the eggs are placed in the mixer and blended it until it raise.
  2. The butter need to melt it into the liquid form by putting it in the pot and heat it slowly.
  3. The oil is added into the mixer and blended it.
  4. The flour is added into the mixer to blend with the egg and butter.
  5. The mixture is poured into a tray and put it into the Owen for 160oC and 40 minutes.
  6. The cake is ready to serve.
  7. Please say the word: “YUMMY”. =P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your perasan disease just got worst during the holidays isnt it? but yealar..the cake was pretty good geh..have to commend you on that..